Tuesday, August 18, 2015

August 17, 2015

Howdy, Ya'll!

  Yes, I do say 'ya'll', now. And at this point, I am not even forcing it. I just wish I could say I had a Texan accent to accompany my new slang. Since I speak Spanish for most of the day, I am gonna have to work on my accent. It has been another week! Wow, time is starting to speed up, and days mesh together. But yeah, How is everyone? I have been doing well, I can't complain. Ive been out with my companions, working hard on spreading the word of God. :) Ive slowly gotten use to OYM in Spanish, specially on splits. But with lessons, I tend to rock it. Sometimes I mix lessons though haha The good news is that I have gotten use to the routine here, and my companionship is working together and harder than ever.

   This last week we lost two members that were progressing. Their husbands are forcing them to stop meeting with us. We were really close to setting a baptismal date for one of them, too. I honestly don't understand why people want to get in the way of others when they have a desire for knowledge of God. Each sad phone all we got from them made us furious. There really isn't anything we can do... :/

   We have had investigators who are difficult to contact once they progress so far. Also, one of our investigators named Judith, the one we did service for, is having a difficult time with her health. Her condition was already previously so hard to work around, with teaching her. 

   The scripture that has helped me get through these times is 2 Nephi, 31 : 16 -17, about enduring forward, moving the Saviour's message along! And with that faith and perseverance, we ahve been able to find two new investigators while we were oyming. Two have been prepared to hear the message. We are happy with these investigators! This reminded me of Alma 26 : 27, 27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success. 
   I can't wait to see how this goes.
    I have seen a few storms here! They are awesome! The lightning shows are so stunning.
    Interesting updates:
I was in a car crash! We were rear ended really hard. But we are fine, with minor damage to our actual car. Our bike rack took the blunt of it, but you should see the other car lol.

   I feel as though through the course of my mission, we are in the process of changing to way that missionaries do work. I don't think this is how it was. It is interesting, and I will have more information on that later!

   Oh! I tried Whataburgers... I wasn't impressed. I still prefer Tootsies!

   Favorite quotes:
"Grow along with thee, the best is yet to be."

"You are the first sermon that investigators will hear!" - Elder Holland

   Well, that's all for this week! Until next week,

Elder Herrera signing out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment